Each season the Board reviews the financial health of the organization and forecasts for the following season. The single largest component of MABO’s revenue is membership fees. Upon careful review of current fees, we will be increasing fees by $10 for the upcoming 2016-2017 season.
Membership fees will now be $140 in 2016-2017 (was $130 in 2015-2016)
Early bird rate* will now be $120 in 2016-2017 (was $110 in 2015-2016)
*Applies to all payments made prior to October 1st, 2016
There are a number of factors that contributed to the decision to increase fees:
- CABO has increased their fees by $5 and this represents a direct cost increase to MABO as your membership fees include the CABO membership fee which is now $30 (was $25)
- MABO is committed to the ongoing professional development of our membership
- We have increased the amount spent for on court evaluations and reimbursement towards members’ attendance of camps and other professional development opportunities
- Costs associated with operating a provincial Board have risen
- MABO represents officials from all regions of Manitoba and therefore our Board represents all cities and communities throughout the province. The costs associated with coordinating the entire province are funded by general membership revenue
The MABO Board is committed to limiting changes to membership fees in any particular membership year to a manageable amount. In accordance with this, the Board has asked the MABO Finance Committee to produce 3-year projections for all of our financial statements and our membership fees. The Board does anticipate an additional modest membership fee increase in 2017-2018.
All fees are due by September 30th, 2016.
Any payment of dues after the deadline will be at the full rate which is $20 higher than prior to the fee deadline (Early bird rate).
This applies to all members regardless of which clinic you will be attending. If your clinic date or location is not yet finalized on the MABO website, please register and select the camp that best suits you at the time you register. If you wish to change the clinic you attend after you have registered please contact the MABO Secretary.
The MABO Registration process is now live and can be viewed HERE.