MABO is pleased to announce the details on its main Senior Officials Clinics for the 2016-17 season.
2016-17 MABO Senior Clinics
All clinic check-ins run 8:30 am and clinics begin at 9:00 am unless noted. Location maps are below.
- MABO Super Clinic - Winnipeg - Friday October 14 - location TBA; Saturday October 15 - location Red River College; Registration begins August 1
- Winnipeg Area Clinic - Vincent Massey Collegiate Sunday November 20
- Brandon / Westman Area Clinic - Sunday November 13 - Brandon University HLC
- Portage / Central Area Clinic - Saturday November 5 - Location TBA
- Steinbach / Eastman Area Clinic - Saturday November 26 - Steinbach Regional Secondary School
Registrants need to bring their current FIBA rulebook if they have one to the clinic.
- FIBA Rulebook or download one from the MABO site
- Whistle, referee shirt, black shorts or pants, black runners
- Optional bag lunch, there are few places to eat in the neighbourhood but the cafeteria @ Red River will be closed
Also to those that have registered for another MABO clinic already, you can come to the Friday Oct. 14 evening which starts @ 7:00 pm in Black theatre @ Red River College. There will be a limited number of seats available.
Please note that payment must be submitted and received in advance of the clinic you plan to attend.
Payment will not be accepted in person at any clinic, nor at the Basketball Manitoba office. If you need to arrange an alternate payment to the online one, please contact the MABO Treasurer, Justin Pursaga at email@example.com.
2016-17 Membership & Clinic Notes
- All new and returning MABO members are required to register or renew their memberships with this website and pay their annual dues of... (A $20 late fee is added to all membership fees received on or after October 1st of each year)
- WINNIPEG / BRANDON OFFICIALS
- $140.00 with an early bird fee of $120.00 for all payments received in full by September 30, 2016 (via PayPal).
- RURAL OFFICIALS
- $140.00 with an early bird fee of $120.00 for both the clinic and MABO/CABO Membership. Deadline for early bird fee is September 30, 2016 (via PayPal)
- *$80.00 for the clinic only or 2016 (via PayPal)
- *Only available to officials outside of major urban centres and who will not be part of MABO or CABO (only insurance and no eligibility for Provincials, Nationals, etc.)
- PAYMENT: We encourage all members to pay their membership fees through PayPal. In the event you are not comfortable using PayPal, you must contact Justin Pursaga, MABO Secretary / Treasurer to make alternate payment arrangements. Those not using the MABO PayPal system will be charged an additional $10 administration fee on top of the above noted fees. Alternative payments must be made by Money Order, Certified or Personal Cheque, all made payable to 'MABO'. Cash will not be accepted. The administration fee is not charged after September 30th of each year regardless of payment method since the $20 late fee has already been applied
- NO PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE BASKETBALL MANITOBA OFFICE AND NO PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT ANY OF THE CLINICS.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP FEES are $66.50 which includes Basketball Manitoba ($31.50), Canada Basketball ($5), and CABO ($30)
- CABO MEMBERSHIP: Your MABO Membership fees include your CABO Membership
- INSURANCE: All clinics include Basketball Manitoba Membership (including complete accident & liability insurance).
- JUNIOR OFFICIALS: If you are a Junior Official (JODP), you must contact your MABO assignor to receive a recommendation to attend a Senior MABO clinic.
- WHAT TO BRING: Registrants need to bring the current FIBA rulebook if they have one to the clinic. Please bring a whistle, referee shirt, black shorts or pants, black runners. Please note that no food will be provided at the clinics so please bring an optional bag lunch
- NEW TO MANITOBA? People new to Manitoba must first contact MABO Provincial Supervisor, Cam Moskal, before selecting one of the clinic options.
- CLINIC CHANGES: If you need to change the clinic date that you originally signed up for, please email Ian Dickey at Basketball Manitoba - firstname.lastname@example.org - with the new clinic date you wish to move to.
- QUESTIONS: Should you have any questions on this process, please contact the Basketball Manitoba office at (204) 925-5775 or email email@example.com.
REGISTER IN 4 EASY STEPSSTEP 1 - Complete your personal information as required.
STEP 2 - Select your membership and clinic options.
STEP 3 - Pay your membership and clinic fees online using PayPal.
STEP 4 - Subscribe to the MABO News email list.