All MABO Senior and Junior officials are reminded that players are not permitted to wear any jewelry except a Medic-Alert bracelet or Medic-Alert necklace which needs to be secured under tape. This rule exists for the safety of all players on the court and must be consistently enforced. Jewelry may not be covered and worn during play and must be removed.
The official ruling states:
- 4.4.2. Players shall not wear equipment (objects) that may cause injury to other players.
- The following are not permitted:
- ▬ Finger, hand, wrist, elbow or forearm guards, casts or braces made of leather, plastic, pliable (soft) plastic, metal or any other hard substance, even if covered with soft padding.
- ▬ Objects that could cut or cause abrasions (fingernails must be closely cut).
- ▬ Headgear, hair accessories and jewelry.