DEADLINE AUG 23: Six $500.00 scholarships are awarded annually to student officials in an open cross-Canada competition. The scholarships were created to honour Bill Ritchie of New Brunswick and Bryan Nicurity of Saskatchewan, both of whom are past Presidents of CABO and both Ted Earley Award recipients. Both Bryan and Bill are honoured members of the Canadian Basketball Hall of Fame.
Six $500.00 scholarships are awarded annually to student officials in an open cross-Canada competition. The scholarships were created to honour Bill Ritchie of New Brunswick and Bryan Nicurity of Saskatchewan, both of whom are past Presidents of CABO and both Ted Earley Award recipients. Both Bryan and Bill are honoured members of the Canadian Basketball Hall of Fame.
The criteria for applications is...
- Applicant must be a registered member in good standing of a Provincial Association and of CABO.
- Scholarships are available to both male and female applicants.
- Financial need is not a factor.
- Produce a letter signed by a Provincial Executive member to certify the applicant is a member in good standing.
- Produce a student ID certifying the applicant is a full-time student at a University or College.
- Students entered in trade apprenticeship or upgrading programs are eligible but must verify full-time status.
- Applicants can hold other scholarships or bursaries in conjunction with the CABO scholarship.
- Applications must be received by the CABO judging committee by August 24 of the given year.
- Student officials wishing to apply for a scholarship should fill out an application form and include all necessary documents to Jim Boyd - who in turn will verify the application and forward it to the CABO judging committee.
Instructions: Please copy and paste the below fields into a new document and complete your information. Save the document with your name and "CABO Scholarship" in the title and email it along with the 4 items noted below to Jim Boyd - MABO Vice President - by the deadline date.
Postal Code: ____________________________
Post Secondary Education information
Name of Post Secondary Institution: _______________________________
Program Enrolled in: ___________________________________________
Current Year of School: _________________________________________
Applicants are to include the following information with this nomination:
- Proof of completion of pre-requisite studies qualifying the nominee for admission to the above program.
- Verification of nominee's membership in CABO through membership in his/her provincial association.
- Any additional supporting documentation that the nominee might choose to provide including references related to officiating involvement and performance.
- Transcript from the last institution attended.
THIS APPLICATION FORM, AS WELL AS ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION, MUST BE
SUBMITTED BY AUGUST 23 TO:
Jim Boyd – MABO Vice President
Deadline to apply is August 23, 2019